Attention female students of computer science, electrical engineering and information technology! Together with the Collaborative Research Centers MAKI and CROSSING and the Research Training Group Privacy & Trust, emergenCITY awards the Female Student Travel Award 2021 – a total of six prizes of 500€ and the participation in one of six conferences.
With the award we honor exceptionally well performances of female students in computer science, electrical engineering and information technology. As an international trip is not possible this year, the six winners will be awarded with a prize money of 500€ and will also get the opportunity to attend one of the following (online) conferences to get an insight into science as well as networking opportunities:
- The Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing (25.-27.5.2021, online) is the world’s largest gathering of women technologists.
- The WE21 (27.-28.5.2021, online) is the world’s largest conference and career fair for women in engineering and technology.
- The ditact (23.8.-4.9.2021 in Salzburg, Austria) are summer studies for women in IT.
- The Informatica Feminale and the Ingenieurinnen-Sommeruni (July to September 2021 online and 13.-25.9.2021 in Bremen) are international summer universities in informatics, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering.
- The Ada Lovelace Festival (22.-23.10.2021 in Mainz) is an event that brings together women from computer science and tech and celebrates diversity.
We look forward to receiving your application by June 20, 2021 to Dr.’in Anna Laura Raschke (Gender Equality Office, TU Darmstadt): firstname.lastname@example.org
The application should include a letter of motivation, your CV, your performance record (TUCaN performance record), and a description of your connection or interest to the field of research of MAKI, CROSSING, Privacy & Trust, or emergenCITY.
Notifications will be sent by early July and the online award ceremony will be on July 15, 2021.